Saturday 20 September 2008

I do believe! I still do!



Those of you that know me know that Attitude is one of my favourite magazines. I was reading the last issue when I came across a couple of interviews to young British men. Here are a couple of clips that made me smile:

How important are romantic gestures?

“It’s part of what relationships are about. It’s good to know Alex is doing stuff for me without my asking for it. There’s no point in being with someone if you have to tell them how to treat you.”

Steve, 24, Guildford

“I think the smallest gesture can be the best. (…) If he wants to go to an exhibition, I’ll surprise him with tickets, or if he meets me after work, perhaps he’ll have a little picnic set up in St James’ Park. I don’t think it matters how small the gesture is, it’s the thought that’s gone into it that appeals to me.”

David, 21, Upminster


Is commitment negotiable?

“If you’re in a relationship, you’re committed. There’s no way you should be meeting other people, or kissing someone else. I mean, if something were to happen, you’d work around it. That’s more of a mistake, not something that’s allowed.”

David, 21, Upminster


What’s your opinion of open relationships?

“I’m so against that. It’s not a relationship, it’s an agreement. It’s like having a flat mate you can sleep with if you don’t find someone else that night. Usually one person wants it and the other goes along with it, but they’re dying inside.”

Alex, 18, Guildford


What does love mean to you?

“It means unity, trust, you have that connection where they can make you smile just through texting you. When you see them, your heart races, and you hate not being with them… I think that’s it.”

David, 21, Upminster

“I guess it means to commit to someone, and to compromise on things to make your relationship work, and to make them laugh – you’ve got to make someone laugh if you love them.”

Adrian, 23, Liverpool



It’s nice to know they’re still out there. And they’re cute too!!!
Now, can someone like this move to Madrid, please?!

1 comment:

Graven said...

"Never settle for less or second best", true words that are rarely spoken, let alone understood. That and that the fact that you shouldn´t really let yourself go, not for anybody except for yourself.

Good to know that our man of mystery is still "in the mood for love".