Tuesday 14 October 2008

The good guy



4 October


I have the early call time. This means Kenzo at 5 fucking A.M. Still, it's a great show and it's with Charlotte Tilbury. She is always fun so worth waking up at this ungodly hour... darling!

I get on the bus, go to the venue when I am told to stay in the bus because they need to talk to me before I go. "What?! What have I done?" - I was running through the week in my head to see if I was in some kind of trouble. So... apparently, I was booked for 3 shows that day (physically impossible since they overlapped each other) so, if I wouldn't mind, I was needed more on another show than at Kenzo. "Sure, no problem!". Why on earth did I have to wake up at 4.30 in the morning if the other show had only an 8 a.m call time?! It was not funny.


What was funny though, was the show I was on. Elie Saab and the key make up artist is one of the family. I love working with Gordon Espinet since it's always very relaxed and I had done Elie before so I knew what was going on. I knew that I was in for some make up make up. Not that shit of no make up make up and I wasn't disappointed. This was 90's super model! Think Cindy, think Turlington. monochromatic beauty with huge great eyes! There is a motto backstage that is "There can't be only one!" and in this case, the mantra continued. It was product on top of product, shade on top of shade to make it blend and melted onto the skin. The make up looked bloody gorgeous!


Of course, because the day hadn't started right, I was in for some more treats. Half the models were coming in late. The show is suppose to start at 11.30 am and the girls are suppose to arrive at 11.45. You do the math. But I'm rough and I'm tough. It's for last minute rushes that I'm build for and, once again, I didn't fail. Nice adrenaline rush to keep me awake. I still needed to do go to another show and I was late, already.


No idea how the clothes were, no clue about the line up. After I finished my last girl (3 in total... I was happy!) I had to pack my shit up and head on to Chloé. The day was half done.

4 comments:

Graven said...

What are those bloody flappy thingies in their hair?

P.A. said...

Work in progress, babes!! They're called clips!

Graven said...

Ok, but why the pieces of paper?

P.A. said...

So the hair doesn't get the prints of the clips but perfectly straight.