Tuesday 14 October 2008

What the...?!





4 October... part deux!


Here I am again on the bus, already late for Chloé. Saturday, in the gardens of the Louvre. Can there be more tourists?! Can people move any slower? Does anybody have a fucking croissant? (I was hungry!! Breakfast was at 6 in the morning, remember?!)

I get there middle of the demo. Young, gorgeous, beautiful, no mascara mascara, no blush blush... just a flush and bushy no brows brows. Everything have to be there but you can't see anything. Think Brooke Shields, think Jerry Hall. "How's the foundation?" I ask a colleague. "Same old, same old." Right, got it. No sweat. I just be in my zone and do this, no prob.


I set up and immediately was ambushed by an agent of the girls "You are gonna do her make up. She wants you!" This was the girl that I had to do rushing on the last show. Apparently she liked my work. I was flattered. So I start and I do my brows and I do my eyes... "Charlotte, is this ok?". "Foundation is too thick, darling." has she was slapping the foundation off the model. "Take it off and do it again." O-Ok. So I make the foundation thinner. Is this ok? "Ergh... Send her to Lucia, darling... she will fix her." What the...?! What was wrong with it? I decided not to worry and have a fag instead. I was too tired to be bothered. Got the opportunity to talk to some old hairdresser friend from Portugal that was also doing the shows (and yes, he is also very cute!). It was great to catch up and have a little breath from home.


Fag over, back to my station where Charlotte was giving interviews. The woman is absolutely a media star!! And it was during her interviews that I found out what I was doing wrong!! Totally different texture of foundation. She wanted transparent and I was using full on. "Not the same old, same old" I thought to myself. Second girl comes along, I use the right foundation. Yes! I wouldn't be caught again. Beautiful skin, great brows... "She's too pale, darling. Have you used the mix, darling? C4, C5?" Y-Yes (I was using C2). What the fuck?!? Why nobody tell me these things?! If it's "same old, same old" it's suppose to be thick as spit foundation and slightly paler. Mother fuckers! I was way over it. By the time the girl came from rehearsal, another artist had taken her so I decided to go for another fag and prepare for bodies. I was way past caring so I just carried my moisturizer around and looked busy.


By the time the show was over it was 5 pm and I was starving! On my way to the bus, I see the photographer I met at Westwood. "I could eat me some of that" I thought!

4 comments:

Graven said...

I guess that, by the end of the day, you weren't hunting for croissants were you?

P.A. said...

Well... one eats what one can!

Mushroomdeluxe said...

:)
loved the busy moist held by a busy bunny!!!!

P.A. said...

Lol!!! I was so over it, babes! It was my last show and I coudn't be bothered. Done my bit and that's it! Miguel Viana was doing the hair. It was nice to see him!